Acquisition in recycling

60% of Plasmac passes to Erema

Marketing - Wednesday, 6 February 2019

On January 1, 2019, the Austrian Erema Group acquired 60% of the recycling machine manufacturer Plasmac to further expand its range of tailor-made plastic recycling solutions for in-house applications. The remaining 40% of the recycling machine manufacturer is owned by Syncro Group, a manufacturer in Italy that makes equipment for the blown film industry.

Plasmac has been active worldwide as a manufacturer of recycling plants since 1994 and was previously based in Aylesbury, England. In June 2018 the Syncro Group relocated the business to Busto Arsizio (Varese, Italy) and in January 2019 Plasmac was newly established. The CEO of Plasmac is Gabriele Caccia (bottom picture), who is also CEO of the Syncro Group.

Plasmac has comprehensive expertise in edge trim recycling and with their Alpha direct feed extruder and Omega shredder-extruder system offers easy-to-use solutions for throughputs of up to 250 kg/h. This range is supplemented by the Powerfeed edge trim transport system. 

"These machines and components expand our product range of systems for straightforward standard applications in the in-house segment, which is very important to us," said Manfred Hackl (top picture), CEO of the Erema Group, explaining why they invested in this business. 

Gabriele Caccia also sees the cooperation between Erema 

and Syncro as a successful one because, he emphasized, "the SYNCRO know-how in the blown film industry and our worldwide company group network are valuable contributions to a successful cooperation". 
With technological developments such as the Intarema system and the founding of the subsidiary Pure Loop, which specializes in shredder-extruder technology for the recycling of clean production waste, the Erema Group has already successfully strengthened and expanded its presence in the in-house segment in recent years. For Manfred Hackl, CEO of the Erema Group, the acquisition of a stake in Plasmac is a further step towards maintaining Erema's leading market position: "It enables us to offer in-house customers tailor-made recycling solutions with an attractive price/performance ratio so that our group of companies can reach new customer groups and markets," he explained. Gabriele Caccia is also looking forward to working together as part of the Erema Group. He is sure that "all companies involved will benefit from the partnership with the world market leader in plastics recycling technology".

Back to previous page